Mental Health Law – Live Training Session
Our Mental Health Department Team Leader Max Duddles is hosting two live webinar training sessions which have been accredited for CPD hours. The first session is on July 24th 2020 from 9am until 12 noon, the second session is on July 30th 2020 also from 9am until 12 noon.
What You Will Learn
This live and interactive broadcast will cover the following:
- The key principles of the Mental Capacity Act
- The key sections of the Mental Health Act
- How the Acts interact with each other
- The importance of bringing the incapacitous client into the heart of the decision-making process
- What the liberty protection safeguards are designed to achieve (and when they might be implemented)
- The interplay between s117 MHA aftercare and continuing healthcare funding
- Advocacy skills – including the effective cross-examination of expert medical and social care witnesses
- The ethics surrounding the representation of mentally unwell clients
- The appropriate use of nearest relatives and other non-expert witnesses
- How best to challenge written reasons
Shortly after the Learn Live session has taken place you will be able to go back and access the recording – should you wish to revisit the material discussed.
To book your place on one of these sessions, please go to: https://www.mblseminars.com/outline/12018?CC=SPEAKER20&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SPEAKER20&utm_source=mbl